Monday 7 May 2012

Bee Block Update

I have been pretty busy sewing the past couple of weeks and realised I haven't blogged any of the blocks I've completed so here is a quick run down.

First up these two pretty blocks from Caroline over at Sew Bee Blissful. I love the fabrics she has used and this design is so pretty and easy to make. I think I'd like to make myself a whole quilt like this, that is if I didn't have so many quilts lined up waiting to be made already!




Next up were wonky stars for Shanna at Sew Modern Bee. Wonky stars are one of my all time faves and I loved making this block with a baby Wonky Star


and this Wonky Star with a rainbow middle




Finally I signed up for Bee a Lone Star(burst) to make this fab paper pieced block. While I am loving it I have to admit I am not the best at paper piecing but hey after doing 4 of these every month for 6 months I hope I will be a whole lot better.



I also made this baby quilt for my friend. I used up some of my 3x6 blocks, kind of cheating but I needed to get it done as the baby has already arrived. It went super crinkly when I washed it, I love that although it doesn't make for great pics.



May is also my month to be queen bee at Sew Modern. I am making this block again that I used for Sew Bee Blissful earlier in the year. I love this yellow and grey palette and hope I get all the blocks back this time as sadly some went missing from Sew Bee Blissful.







Right I'm off now to sew some of my Radio Way quilt. I have been dying to cut into my Denyse Schmidt stash and now I have finished up most of my WIP quilts I can make a start - yay!!!

2 comments:

  1. Those colours looks great together, love the little birds. x

    ReplyDelete