Wednesday 18 April 2012

WIP Wednesday

YAY! Lots of progress this week!!! I am so pleased to have managed to put together one whole quilt top and baste, quilt and begin binding another one. So happy to have these nearly done :) particularly as they have been WIPs for over a year, it is such a good feeling to have them done.

Firstly let me apologise for the quality of these photos. I had dreams of taking my quilt tops out to the park and photographing them in the sunlight but it has been rainy and miserable all week so I have just photographed them in my flat. They are a bit dark as a result.

Anyhow first up is the FMF. All basted and quilted by little old me. The binding is about a quarter done, there will be a few evenings of hand-stitiching in front of the telly for me to finish it up.


I have backed the whole quilt with pink eyelet yumminess! Thank goodness for the re-issue of Flea Market Fancy

Is it ever possible to get a quilt picture without a cat?

Next up I sewed together all my string blocks to make this massive quilt, it is absolutely HUGE!!!
I photographed this quilt hanging from my wardrobe and it drapes on the floor it is so big.


This is going to the longarm quilter to be quilted. I initially thought I would quilt it myself and even bought the wadding but when I realised how big it was I decided there was no way I could manage it in my little machine. I am just trying to decide what fabric I should use to back it - any suggestions?

Thanks to Charlotte for letting me know that her string quilt had solid strips that were not quite straight but looked good in the end. That really encouraged my to finish it up and she is right, I can tell it is not perfect but I overall I am really pleased with it.


This weeks stats:

Quilted and being bound
  •  FMF quilt
Tops completed and awaiting quilting
  • Punctuation String quilt
  • Star quilt
Completed
  • cardi for Molly
No Progress this week


  • circle of flying geese quilt pillows
  • Amy Butler skirt
  • guinevere gloves
  • yellow and grey quilt
  • crochet blanket


  • Completed projects - 1
    New Projects Started - 0
    Currently in Progress - 8
     Have a great week!

    3 comments:

    1. yay - it looks great! I'm so glad you finished it up!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Both quilts look stunning! I cannot wait to see the strings quilt all quilted up :)

      ReplyDelete