Wednesday 21 March 2012

WIP Wednesday

I've been so focused on getting my string quilt finished (39 out of 48 blocks completed - yay!!!) that I'd almost forgotten to do my Bee blocks for March. I took a break from the string block sweatshop to make these blocks for the lovely ladies in my two virtual quilting bees.

First up were these Star blocks for Erin in the Sew Modern Bee. To be honest I was a bit intimidated by these blocks, the tutorial , another star, part of the solstice stars series by Faith at Fresh Lemons looked really difficult at first. Once I sat down and read it all through I realised it was actually a relatively easy block with very detailed instructions. The instructions were so clear and easy to follow and Erin sent the fabrics already cut so the blocks were a delight to make and came together in no time.

 Block 1

Block 2

Both blocks - the finished quilt will be gorgeous


Next up were these fun improv square in a square blocks for Cindy in Sew Bee Blissful. I've never actually made a block from solid fabrics before and it was fun to work with them. There was no tutorial for these we all had to improvise I can't wait to see the finished quilt, it will be full of totally unique blocks.



I didn't have a pink strip of fabric long enough to finish off the block on the left, hopefully Cindy wont mind finishing it up. So next up on my list are my 4 X 5 Bee blocks then back to the string quilt.

Oh I also joined a new bee this week. I know I said I would only do one Bee this year (once my current two finish) but then I got invited to join Bee a Lone Star(burst) over at flickr. I had been obsessively looking at this tutorial and wanted to try out the block then I got invited to join a whole Bee making just these blocks - how could I resist?

Tops completed and awaiting quilting
  • FMF quilt
  • star quilt
Some Progress
  • punctuation quilt 39/48 blocks complete
  • cardi for Molly
No Progress this week


  • circle of flying geese quilt pillows
  • Amy Butler skirt
  • guinevere gloves
  • yellow and grey quilt
  • crochet blanket

  • Completed projects - 0
    New Projects Started - 0
    Currently in Progress - 9

    Have a great week!
     

    4 comments:

    1. love the orange and grey! Such a great colour combo

      ReplyDelete
    2. Those stars are so pretty. The frame in the middle makes them look so different.

      ReplyDelete
    3. both sets of blocks are wonderful! How fun!

      ReplyDelete