Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year

I always like New Years Day, I love the feeling of beginning a new slate and feeling so optimistic and full of hope about the year ahead. It's a bit like starting a new school year for me, so I feel compelled to have everything clean, tidy and ready for whatever is to come.

I was getting a bit fed up with my sewing space. Although it is lovely and I am very lucky to have such a space I had managed to acquire a lot of things that were cluttering up my desk and making it hard to sew large items like quilts. I wanted to keep my lovely things on display as some of them were made for me in flickr swaps and I love having them around so I decided a needed a shelf, only problem was where would I fit the shelf as I didn't want to get rid of the print above the desk (also a gift).


The Old Sewing Space (minus machine and clutter).


With machine and significantly less clutter than I have now.


After some thought I suddenly hit upon the idea of rearranging all the furniture, including moving the wardrobe full of clothes and linen so I could have the desk against an empty wall and put up a shelf.

This is the end result and the beginning of my new sewing year.


The desk is now in the corner where the wardrobe was.


With shelf and containers from IKEA.


Sewing and Swap treasures on my new shelf.


I then decided I needed some of those lovely hanging hoops for decoration. One with pockets and one to show off some of my favourite Liberty fabric, they were quick and easy to make and I'm really pleased with the result.


Happy New Year to you all and best wishes for a happy and creative 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment