Saturday 14 January 2012

Garden Fence Quilt

This month is my month as Queen Bee over at Sew Bee Blissful. I've been collecting yellow and grey fabric for about a year for this quilt. I love the colour combination and it is not one I have ever used before. I'm trying to extend the range of colours I use as I tend to stick to blue, not just in quilting; my flat is painted in shades of blue, most of my furnishing fabrics are blue and my Dad calls me "blue shirt provider" as I keep buying him shirts in shades of blue for his birthdays. Anyhow this is a real change for me and I'm really excited to see the blocks as they are posted on flickr.

I started with this stash


Then added some other yellow and grey fabrics that I collected. I had so much fun cutting them up and arranging them in various combinations. Usually I find there is one combination that I like best but with these fabrics they seemed to look good however I arranged them.



I chose a garden fence block for the quilt. I made this for another Bee I am in, Sew Modern Quilt Bee and I loved the simplicity of it. It also has the added bonus of coming together quick and easy. The finished blocks look like this


I have posted a tutorial for this block on my tutorials page, the finished block is 10 1/2" square. I am going to sash my blocks with a 1 1/2" white sashing. Watch this space for the finished quilt.
My group is so efficient too can you believe I already have four blocks back and it is not even half way through the month??? Three cheers for the super-efficient Bee members!

No comments:

Post a Comment