Saturday 21 July 2012

Stress

My actual job (that I need to do to support my fabric habit) has pretty much taken over my life the last few weeks, leaving me with precious little time for anything else. It has been immensely stressfull. I am sure there are lots of good ways to manage stress, far better people than me go for a run, do yoga or meditation but for me there are only two ways to feel better - eat or shop!!!

This gives you an indication of my stress levels over the past few weeks



These are the purchases that have cheered me up and kept me sane. I have a couple more days then holidays so I will be working on these projects over the holiday too (ok I am just trying to justify my massive fabric binge, I don't really know what I am going to do with some of this stuff!)


 

First up, block number 2 for the DM BOM from Fat Quarter shop, such a pretty block, this will be one of my first things to make up.

I've had my eye on the Retro flowers quilt over at the sometimes crafter for a while now and it is definitely one of my holiday plans. I am planning to mostly use  fabrics I already have but couldn't resist these gorgeous fabrics I've always loved Hope Valey and it is even lovelier in real life.


I also bought the templates for cutting the fabrics and got these freebie hexies too.



Then I desperately needed some Tula Pink Birds and the Bees because it is totally adorable


I love those squirrels so much. Not sure if they will be a bag or a quilt, whatever I make I am sure it will be fabulous, you can't go wrong with Tula Pink.

Then came some Thomas Knauer Pear Tree (on sale - how could I resist?)



Then some Flea Market Fancy, because I just might need it, no real plans for this but that fabric has been calling me.


I also got some Anna Maria Horner Good Folks for a suprise block I am working on


I finally got my hands on some Brrr! I got some off spoonflower ages ago but the fabrics and colours now are so much better. Would it be wrong for a grown woman to make herself a quilt in this fabric? I totally adore those polar bears.


Finally I needed this book so I can make some scrap quilts over the holidays to use up all my scraps.

 


Well running, yoga or meditation would be a much cheaper way of managing stress and I am totally skint now but I will have lots to keep me busy over the holidays.

Have a great weekend everyone. 


3 comments:

  1. I just got brrr! too it's completely adorable. All your fabrics are lovely

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  2. That haul would cheer me as well! Hope work eases up soon x

    ReplyDelete