Sunday 9 October 2011

Pretty Little Pouch Swap

So I finally plucked up the courage to join the pretty little pouch swap over at Flickr. After admiring all the pouches for so long I just had to join and I'm really loving seeing all the amazing pouches people have made.

My partner likes bright colours and Heather Ross fabric. I have never used any Heather Ross fabric before, I admire the designs but there is something about them that just isn't quite me. I really wanted to make something my partner would love so I went out and got some. The fabric was really lovely to sew with and I'm pleased with how it came out. I love making these little snap frame purses. I'm thinking of doing a tutorial to show how to make them. They are pretty easy really but look quite professional with the shiny silver frame.


In other bag making news I have joined the Goodie Bag Swap round 2, become obsessed with pink tweed fabric after seeing a pink tweed sofa that I could never afford and started on a pink tweed bag and am trying to find the perfect bag pattern for some lovely Liberty fabric that has been languishing for too long in my stash.

Speaking of stashes my new niece (as yet un-named) arrived this morning. Yay! I have an opportunity to use up all the pink fabric!!! And of course welcome to the world little un-named one!

No comments:

Post a Comment