Tuesday 9 August 2011

Zac's Quilt

I have been working on this quilt for my nephew's fourth birthday for about a year. My lovely quilting friends over at Bee a Little Bit Japanese all made two blocks. One an Eight Point Star Block using japanese fabrics with a transport theme and the second an improvised transport theme block. They all came up with totally amazing blocks and I put them together into this quilt.

I backed it with some fun transport fabric from IKEA and some embroidered panels that I used in the centre of log cabin blocks.

Not really sure about this layout for the backing but I was really rushing to finish it all up and get it off to the longarm quilters so I could post it in time for his birthday.

I'm really hoping he will love it but fear he might just be a bit mystified by this present as it is not a toy or a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment