Wednesday 8 June 2011

Sew Modern Quilt Bee

I belong to three wonderful Virtual Quilting Bees. I love being in these Bees as they give me a chance to work with beautiful fabrics, try new blocks withot having to commit to a whole quilt, be inspired by all the wonderful craftspeople out there, extend my skills and, most importantly they make me try fabrics, colours and blocks that are different to what I would normally choose for myself.

This month in Sew Modern Quilt Bee Sarah requested wonky quarter log cabin blocks using this tutorial from quilt dad. Sarah sent some beautiful, summery fabrics from Amy Butler's Soul Blossoms range and some Anna Maria Horner Innocent Crush. They were so lovely to work with and I made them into these


Aren't they just the prettiest fabrics? They are going to make a great quilt. Sarah also requested a flower, of any kind, to go with the blocks. Luckily I had some innocent crush left from the Goodie Bag swap which I made into this


It's a little wonky I admit but I made it up as I went along. Really hope you like them Sarah!

No comments:

Post a Comment