Tuesday 16 October 2012

Thank you

Thank you for all your helpful comments about my swoon quilt. I decided to go with some more solids and bought a bunch but when they arrived today I realised they are not going to work either so the Swoon and I are no longer friends remain at an impasse. I have spent my whole months fabric budget and spent quite a lot of the food budget on fabric as well so I will need to wait until November now before moving forward. Honestly how can I have so much fabric and none of it be right for this quilt???

So anyhow I have gone back to the stars and made this one for Lyanna . It was so easy for me to put it together it almost made me laugh. I may have mentioned that these blocks were terrible when I started and I nearly left the Bee, I can hardly believe how quickly I can make them now.



I also got some more blocks from my lovely bee-mates and laid them all out on my bed to look at them. I love them so much!


 I am thinking of making either a rainbow stripe or one big rainbow star on the back. Do you think it needs sashing? I am thinking sashing but I also like them close together. What do you think?

Hope you are having a good week.

3 comments:

  1. I am utterly in love with that quilt top (to be)! It is fantastic and I want to make one too, now :) Thank you so much for sharing it.

    I have pinned it on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you need sashing - they have a decent amount of negative space around them already, and sashing is such a pain! They are so lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no Christine :( I hope I am not partially responsible for your fabric buying woes. I also hope you have enough left in the food budget to eat for the rest of October! On a happier note, I love your stars quilt. I am a fan of sashing (mainly because I like the little cornerstone blocks) but I think this quilt can work perfectly well without. Hope you & Swoon kiss & make up soon ...

    ReplyDelete