Tuesday 26 July 2011

Too Busy to Blog

First of all happy birthday to my lovely sister!

Life has been hectic lately and my poor little blog has been neglected of late. I have been busy however and these are some of the things I have been working on.

This Amy Butler Weekender Travel Bag in gorgeous trailing orchid fabric is now stuffed full, ready for summer holidays. I love this fabric and am really pleased that I decided to use plain coloured piping around the bag. I bought enough fabric to cut it up and make bias strips for the piping but I just couldn't bear to do it. I now have more fabric left which makes me happy as I can plan another project.



I made this needlecase for the sewn spaces swap. I also bought my partner a little pair of scissors that went perfectly with the AMH innocent crush fabric but realised they were too tiny for the pocket. I made a little "scissor clip" (ok it is a keyring I admit) to stop the scissors falling out and causing injury (it could happen!)

I also made these two cute blocks for the Sew Modern Quilt Bee, I am lovng this pattern and might have to make a quilt like this for myself.

I also put together all the blocks from my month at Bee a Little Bit Japanese into a quilt for my nephew. You can see some of the blocks before I put them together here. It is at the longarm quilters now as I decided I wanted a star quilting pattern all over but I will post pictures when it is finished. I really hope he loves it.

And aside from all this craft I managed to nurse the foster kittens back to health. From this

To this


While I am happy that they are well and have found their forever homes I am missing having a cat on my sewing
I like to think the kittens wanted to stay too, I lost one of them but later found her in my laundry basket, they were so lovely. I wonder what the next little foster family will be like, healthy hopefully!



1 comment:

  1. just found you! I love your AB bag - one of the nicest I've seen!

    ReplyDelete